Criminal Defense Lawyers in Florida
If you have been arrested, charged with a crime or are under investigation for a criminal offense, it is critical that you talk to an experienced Florida criminal defense lawyer as soon as possible.
Consult With Our Florida Criminal Defense Attorneys
At the Law Offices of Mark L. Horwitz, P.A., an Orlando criminal defense firm, we begin preparing your defense immediately to protect your rights, both in and out of court. By talking with a defense attorney immediately, you can avoid making mistakes that could hurt your case and your chances for success.
Contact our Orlando law office to schedule a consultation. Our phones are answered 24 hours a day: (407) 401-7224.
We defend people facing felony or misdemeanor criminal charges, including:
We advise clients facing civil tax audits and defend clients accused of crimes such as:
- Filing false returns
- Failure to file a return or pay income or sales tax
- Improper withholding and not paying IRS payroll taxes, including falsifying employee status for purposes of withholding taxes
- Tax crimes that arise from offshore earnings and accounts, including unreported offshore accounts and foreign income
- Tax evasion
By early intervention, we strive to convince criminal tax investigators and prosecutors that they should not proceed with prosecution, and thereby seek to prevent our clients from being criminally charged and going through the trauma of being arrested.
These are financial crimes that do not involve violence, such as:
- Commercial bribery and corporate gratuities
- Securities fraud
- Insider trading
- Insurance fraud involving auto, home, life and business policies as well as private health insurance fraud
- Bank and mortgage fraud
- Currency and foreign bank account reporting violations
- Federal mail and wire fraud
We are available to represent doctors and other health care providers, hospital employees, home health care providers, online pharmacies and other pharmacists and medical supply companies in cases involving:
- Health care conspiracy or fraud such as Medicare or Medicaid overbilling, billing for services not provided
- Fraud involving durable medical equipment or prescription drugs
- Criminal charges related to audits
- Civil RICO defense
- Obstruction of justice in healthcare cases
- Referral kickbacks
- Fraud through upcoding and unbundling
- Large quantity state drug charges
- Large quantity federal drug charges
- Large quantities of marijuana
- Large quantities of cocaine
- Large quantities of methamphetamines
- Large quantities of heroin and Oxycodone
- Prescription fraud
- Possession of illegal pharmaceuticals
- Possession of paraphernalia or operation of cultivation/grow houses
- Drug trafficking
- Drug distribution and manufacturing
- Seizure of assets in conjunction with drug crimes
- Sexual assault
- Possession of child pornography
- Computer child pornography sentencing issues
- Solicitation of or sex with a minor
- Lewd behavior, such as indecent exposure
- False accusations of sex crimes
- Sex offender registries
- First offense
- Felony drunk driving
- Multiple DUI offenses
- Driving with a suspended or revoked license because of a prior drunk driving charge
- Minors convicted of DUI
- Breathalyzers, blood tests and field sobriety tests
- Illegal checkpoints/illegal search and seizure
- Auto theft
Out-of-state clients look for our advocacy when charged with offenses such as theme park shoplifting, solicitation of prostitution and traffic violations.
- Underage drinking
- Underage DUI
- Drug possession
- Traffic tickets
We are willing to defend teachers facing criminal charges and teachers in administrative hearings for possible loss of licensure.
We are willing to represent immigrants and their American spouses in criminal charges of marriage fraud for immigration purposes.
In addition to defense in criminal trials, our Orlando felony fraud defense attorneys also assist clients with legal proceedings including the following:
- Defending those who face civil suits alleging RICO and fraud
- Preparation for grand jury proceedings
- Corporate compliance with grand jury subpoenas
- Appeals in both state and federal appellate courts
- Post conviction relief
Orlando Drug Crime Lawyer Available For Consultations
Our phones are answered 24 hours a day, ensuring a quick response by a defense attorney. Contact our criminal defense law firm online or call (866) 784-0023 for experienced and aggressive criminal defense representation in Tampa, Daytona Beach, Orlando and throughout Florida.
Bold labels are required.